Friday, December 17, 2004

Almost done

packing that is. Convinced several times during this that I have come across things that I'm almost positive I have thrown away each and every time we've moved.

This is sort of the reverse of packing my plates and wondering how it is that 3 of them have vanished. Ironically, my spoons have dwindled as well. Apparently we're running some sort of Mother Goose halfway house here... (pause to let you work that one out in your head)

We're moving to Kyle...cute tiny...tiny...tiny town. I recognize that this tiny little town will be booming inside of 5 years, I mean we're getting a Home Depot in January! *gasp* But it will be an adjustment lifestyle wise.

As of right now, acceptable dining options revolve around...Dairy Queen (yay!), Domino's, Gil's Fried Chicken and Texas Pie Company. Though interestingly enough, though we're seriously limited in scope in a 2 mile radius, the fried chicken and pies are kick booty.

Right now I live within 10 minutes of downtown Austin, 2 minutes from a Central Market (goat cheese, mmmmmmm), but in some hills that let you pretend you are really roughing it. So a 25 mile march down I-35 is a little rough on me. To tell people how to get to our house, we have to tell them to turn right at 3:16 Pizza. No, that's not the time, that's a Psalm...(as seen on banners in football stadiums nationwide)

I kid you not...

Do you think Holy Pizza will still cause me heartburn...or maybe if it does, that's a divine sign of coming attractions if you don't turn it around? How can I trust religious pizza when they recognize fully that if it disagrees with you, you'll spend the rest of the night in the bathroom, praying? Conflict of interest there..

However, they are about to open a restaurant in town called Bordeaux's.

Hubby and I are laying 10:1 odds that they will not actually SERVE Bordeaux. Rather that they either think that a fancy schmancy French name will give them the justification for charging $11 for chicken fried steak and/or they mistakenly think Bordeaux is a cajun name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home