Wednesday, August 24, 2005

From my favorite tagger, Dixie :)

10 years ago: I was working for the City of Austin Arts Department for a man who thought he'd been a wolf in a past life, going to school and trying most erroneously to salvage a relationship that had been circling the drain for at least 3 years, getting ready to move into a new apartment with the perfect roommate, despite her prediliction for moldy spaghetti plates.

5 years ago: Had just spent my first summer in sweat/stinkbox Houston, started a new, fun (soon to be shortlived) job and getting an unnatural high off planning my wedding.

1 year ago: Getting ready to start on the dreaded Foreign Language credits I so despised and feared; they had started framing for our house.

Yesterday: Handled the drycleaning, made stew & cornbread, scouted out commuter parking locations at school. The day was so damn exciting, it's a miracle I didn't wet myself.

Tomorrow: Start at Texas State.

5 snacks I enjoy: those Tollhouse brand cookies already formed into balls that you pop into the oven whenever you feel like it, chips & salsa or queso...I'm not picky, Ice Cream Drumsticks, pretzel sticks dipped in peanut butter, Cheez Doodles

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: The Beatles, U2, well I hate to admit it, but The Monkees & Garth Brooks (long story), Dixie Chicks

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Board the QM2 for a looong trip through Europe and the Mediterranean. After a nice splurge gift, set up annual disbursements for my family and college for my neices and nephews. Buy 3 houses...one on a lake, one on a mountain, and one somewhere metropolitan. Start a scholarship fund. Build Chad that wine cellar he dreams of.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Italy, Austria, Banff, San Francisco, Peter's Island

5 bad habits I have:: Flaring up, overthinking, hypertalkativity/nervousness, fence talk, don't do floors.

5 things I like doing:: planning, scary movies on TV, eating out, laughing, watching Cary Grant movies

5 things I would never wear: tube/halter top, thigh highs, shorts (ok, one pair of bermuda shorts, that's it), terry cloth, wrap skirts/shirts

5 TV shows I like: Monk, CSI-Las Vegas, House, Mind of Mencia, Divine Design

5 movies I like:: O Brother Where Art Thou, Philadelphia Story, Arsenic & Old Lace, Color Purple, The Shining

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Clinton, Bono, Emma Thompson, Jon Stewart, Paula Deen

5 biggest joys at the moment:: The pedestal table we bought for chump change, planning our trip, dear husband, air conditioning, oatmeal cookie dough (see "5 snacks")

5 favorite toys: Laptop, DVR, new car stereo, trips & maps software with upcoming laptop GPS, my trusty cuisinart ice cream maker that I've discovered can be used to make frozen drinks :)

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

See? Now that didn't hurt a bit, did it?

I read your list and think "I must go there and hang out with Brandi...".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home