Sunday, April 16, 2006

Over heard in the Texas State Ladies bathroom:

Girly #1 "So, like, she told me that she was worried about me because I was getting too thin."
Girly #2 "I would like TOTALLY consider that a compliment!"

That noise you hear is my spleen being coughed up.

Also Overheard: "yeah, that party was totally ghetto, so we went to a bar instead."

Someone please tell me...at what point did it get to be okay for a bunch of white sorority girls to refer to anything as "Ghetto" and it NOT be racist and classist? Apparently I missed the evolution of this one, I'm told it's quite the little slang word. Frankly I don't know what to think about a generation that considers that an adjective.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger sari said...

I always like when I hear that something I liked/did/listened to in high school (not THAT long ago) is now "Old School" or "Retro".

All rightee then.

And can you go anywhere without seeing someone that is 82 pounds with their bum crack proudly showing? (As SNL put it Saturday night: The Coin Slot).

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger BranV said...

Puhlease, now all retro means is that it's officially old enough for someone to remake in the next 6 months b/c these days no one has enough imagination to come up with anything on their own.

What I enjoy is when I tell someone how old I am and there eyes get wide. And then they say, "wow, you totally don't look 32"

Just how old is 32 supposed to look? And frankly, that isn't necessarily a compliment...what they could mean is "...'cause I totally thought you were ALOT older then that."

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

This is from a blog that I read but it could so totally be you.

Note to Self:
Um, just in case anyone ever wondered...when you're driving? And the sun gets in your eyes? You should reconsider flipping down the visor if any of the following conditions happen to be in place:

1. Your garage door opener is clipped to said visor.
2. You have a chocolate/banana/peanut butter milkshake in the cupholder.
3. You are Pigs(her blog) and have a propensity for bizarre accidents.

In case you are curious, a garage door opener that is propelled directly into a chocolate banana peanut butter milkshake while hurtling down the expressway at approximately 75 miles per hour will:

a) submerge
b) get very, very sticky
c) no longer open your garage

 

Post a Comment

<< Home