Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Haha, she strikes again! Dixie's latest meme, asking to list six obscure things about oneself.

I will steal my #1 from her:

1) Every single time I've taken pepto-bismol I've thrown up - though it's very pretty, all that bright pink on white, like a birthday cake. Mylanta, however, doesn't make me hurl...go figure.

2) When I was around 3, almost every single day for an entire week I got my hand shut in the van door. I won't comment on what this says about the supervision going on, and can't imagine what the heck I was trying to accomplish, but thank goodness for unknit kiddie bones.

3) I obsessively remove my cuticles, even though I still bite my nails.

4) I hate CGI. Loathe it. I think it has singlehandedly led to the demise of good horror movies (no that's NOT a contradiction in terms). On that note, one of my favorite horror movies is the original "The Fog." I just saw the remake and it was craptacular. They just haaaad to throw in some POS visuals that ruined the whole concept of "imagination" being the scariest part of a horror story.

5) I get goosebumps everytime I hear Arlo Guthrie's "City of New Orleans" and whenever I even think about at least 2 scenes from The Color Purple.

6) I am scared to death of rubberbands, static electricity, rolled up towels and those biscuit containers that pop open. You can blame the first 3 on a sadistic father and evil older brother. If DH ever dared to aim a rubberband at me, I honestly think I would divorce his ass. But he understands these things, which is why he doesn't mind when I hand him the biscuit tube, avert my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears and sing "MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB, LITTLE LAMB.." until he lets me know the deed is done.

5 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger sari said...

Did you know that Pepto is the single hardest thing to get out of carpets? It is.

If you know anyone that is going to use Pepto, make sure the lid is securely fastened before you give it that 3-4 good hard shakes it needs or it will look like the Pepto Fairies did a Firecracker Dance of Death all over your bedroom floor.

Not you, of course, because it makes you puke.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger BranV said...

Pepto Fairied did a Firecracker Dance of Death....hands down the most creative description I've read in recent memory. That would SO be my tag line if I were still on Gumbo.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Oh man...I looooove the taste of Pepto. I miss Pepto because it's not sold here.

When I lived in the States and would have a particularly filling meal I'd take a big swig of Pepto straight out of the bottle and it would settle my stomach.

It tastes like Wintergreen to me.

I hate those dough tubes too but I don't have the luxury of having someone open it for me which is why you'll find me standing with the tube in my hand, my arm fully extended and my head turned with my eyes squinched tapping at the edge of the counter. And few things piss me off more than to be undoing the wrapping and having that SOB pop open by surprise.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Ok-I am scared to death of balloons. I actually was having panic attacks at a store the other day when the lady gave Rebop one and ended up having to have her older sister Bop push the cart where the balloon was tied. I also perform this little dance to avoid shocking myself on door handles and have been known to position my hand right above Bop's head when she gets out of the car so that she gets the bigger shock from the car. We gots some problems seester.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger sari said...

Hello, you're going on two months now without posting!! Where are you?? I miss you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home